Saturday, April 26, 2014

Discog

The following is a partial discography of the work I've done within the past 5 years. As a thank you to all of you have been supportive I figured I should aggregate my releases and present them as one unit that is easy to time travel within. The first release "Cuando Los Blancos Vienen" marked the first time I recorded and released Sangre Y Tierra. Sangre Y Tierra has actually been a functioning and active project since 2001. In 2001 I returned from Foster Care to a home that couldn't care less for me, forcing me to sleep in the streets or with friends. The only solace I had was in a 4 track, a 5 string Samick bass and borrowed guitars from friends. Drums were recorded by hand from a Casio keyboard. The little time I spent at the home I "lived" at was spent recording on to a 4 track and then mastering the tracks myself through Sonar at a friend's house. I hope you all enjoy the journey below. Each record will come with a short description. I am hoping to eventually put out a discography of some sort. If you have any interest feel free to contact me. The only release not pictured below for immediate listen was the Disguster split. I think we both prefer that release to remain exclusively on cassette tape so you can't just click through the whole thing. One show seriously bummed me out last night and made me want to just stop playing live all together. But I'm not going to let a couple entitled college kids stop something I've put so much work into. Within the last 5 years alone the work released by this project has been dizzying. And thanks to Unseen Force and Grindcore Karoake I have been able to share it with all of you. This release was inspired by what must have been an initial period of chaos incited by the colonists arriving in Puerto Rico. Very cold, digital recordings with little done to them. This marked my first split with a friend who I've since badgered to release more music. Adrift has since morphed into Perish Bells which you can find here: https://soundcloud.com/perishbells an underrated musician to say the least. The song titles were mistakenly translated but the idea still comes through 100%. This release was focused upon natural evils that exist within the world. Begging the question as to whether or not that should be considered evil, or simply the way of the world. Had a conversation with Josh Landes about this (too much True Detective in too small a window of time). This release was very special to me specifically because I could not pinpoint what I felt after releasing it. This release can actually be considered an unofficial precursor to my final record (first full length) "Ademas de Ella" coming out later this year. The songs were inspired by the naive nature of young relationships, my faults as a man and as a companion to an old friend. Thematically, that companion is presented as the light within the story in which the protagonist sees glimmering from the dark ocean alone, where he floats eternally waiting for that light. A split between friends and some international punx. Both tracks are inspired by lucid dreams. This piece was the first featured in GK and was inspired by leaving an auditory message of some sort. I want it to be known that if I regress as a man, that my heart has been devoted to doing good things and leaving positive echoes within this disgusting planet. This release was completely inspired by the mental illness that permeates through my family. When I found out about family members who suffered from it, it dimmed my spirit. Set my mind that I don't want children and that I need to reevaluate my future as it would be muddled with supporting these fragile people. Much like the genetic vulnerability, the idea in and of itself became poisonous in nature. This EP was devoted to torturing those who prey upon others in any capacity whatsoever. Dedicated to my grandfather who passed in January of 2013. The first father figure I ever had who instilled a love of my culture deep within my being. My love for machetes, nature, food and doing good while on this earth without religious motives. This release marked the grief I had in coming to terms with his death. There may or may not be a second part to this release....who knows.... A straightforward split with one of the best people on the planet. A man passionate about good food, standing up for whats right and noise. Doesn't get any better than that. Support Bahn Mi Saigon Support Wish for Skin and Strieber Support the best black metal related thing on the internet blackmetalownsyou.blogspot.com A release with zero boundaries. Literally doing exactly what felt right at that moment. The biggest bummer ever. Which will be followed by something great. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment